Let us call you...
Under The HoodMore
We are pleased to introduce you to Randy O'Halloran, our new Regional Sales Manager for the West U.S. Based in San Diego, California, Randy will cover the states of California, Arizona and Nevada. Having worked in the industr...
Posted July 16
DIVERSITECH respects individual privacy of its customers, distributors, vendors, business partners, and employees. DIVERSITECH strives to ethically collect, store, process and distribute Personal information using industry accepted best-practices, and in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business.
Customers, Distributors, Vendors, and Business Partners Privacy
Personal information collected by DIVERSITECH from prospective customers, consumers, vendors, business partners and others may be maintained at its corporate facilities and cloud service providers (CSP) consistent with local legislation. This Personal Information is only collected for legitimate business reasons, such as: technical support; customer service; product, warranty and claims administration; meeting governmental reporting and records requirements; maintaining accurate accounts payable and receivable records; marketing research; safety and performance management; financial and sales performance; and contact information. All Personal information collected by DIVERSITECH will be only be used for legitimate business, and will not be sold or shared with third parties.
Employee & Prospective Employee Privacy
DIVERSITECH collects, stores, and processes Personal information concerning current and former employees, as well as applicants for employment through paper submission, electronic mail, and various Internet websites. DIVERSITECH is the sole owner of information collected and will not sell or share this information with third parties. Personal information collected, stored and processed by DIVERSITECH from employees and applicants for employment is the head-office location. This personal information is collected for human resource and business management purposes, such as: recruitment and staffing; payroll administration; absence monitoring; training and development; management planning; appraisal and promotion; production and publication of company address books and telephone and e-mail directories; production of employee Identity cards; monitoring the use of company resources; information to contact close relatives in case of emergency; filling employment positions; administration and operations of its benefit and compensation programs; meeting governmental reporting requirements; security, health and safety management; performance management; company network access; and authentication. DIVERSITECH does not request or gather information regarding political opinions, religion, philosophy or sexual preference.
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
- "Agent" means any third party that processes Personal information provided by DIVERSITECH to perform tasks on behalf of or at the instruction of DIVERSITECH.
- "DIVERSITECH" means DIVERSITECH, Inc., its subsidiaries, divisions and groups.
- "Personal Information" means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of DIVERSITECH to identify an individual. Personal information does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal information.
- "Sensitive Personal information" means Personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or that concerns health or sex life. In addition, DIVERSITECH will treat as sensitive Personal information any information received from a third party where that third party treats and identifies the information as sensitive.
The privacy principles in this Policy are based on the seven Safe Harbor Principles of the US Department of Commerce Safe and the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
(1) NOTICE: Where DIVERSITECH collects Personal information directly from individuals, it will inform them about the purposes for which it collects, stores and processes Personal information about them, the types of non-agent third parties to which DIVERSITECH discloses that information, and the choices and means, if any, DIVERSITECH offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal information to DIVERSITECH, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before DIVERSITECH uses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected. DIVERSITECH may disclose Personal information if required to do so by law or to protect and defend the rights or property of DIVERSITECH.
(2) CHOICE: DIVERSITECH will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their Personal information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. For Sensitive Personal information, DIVERSITECH will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly (opt-in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-agent third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. DIVERSITECH will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices should requisite circumstances arise.
(3) DATA INTEGRITY: DIVERSITECH will use Personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. DIVERSITECH will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
(4) TRANSFERS TO AGENTS: DIVERSITECH will obtain assurances from its Agents that they will safeguard Personal information. Examples of appropriate assurances that may be provided by Agents include: a contract obligating the Agent to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by PIPEDA or the relevant Safe Harbor Principles, being subject to EU Directive 95/46/EC (the EU Data Protection Directive), or being subject to another European Commission adequacy finding (e.g., companies located in Switzerland). Where DIVERSITECH has knowledge that an Agent is using or disclosing Personal information in a manner contrary to this Policy, DIVERSITECH will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure. DIVERSITECH holds it Agents accountable for maintaining the trust our employees and customers place in the company.
(5) ACCESS AND CORRECTION: Upon request, DIVERSITECH will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal information that it holds about them. In addition, DIVERSITECH will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. Any employees that desire to review or update their Personal information can do so by contacting their local Human Resources Representative.
(6) SECURITY: DIVERSITECH will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. DIVERSITECH protects data in many ways. Physical security is designed to prevent unauthorized access to database equipment and hard copies of sensitive Personal information. Electronic security measures continuously monitor access to our servers and provide protection from hacking or other unauthorized access from remote locations. This protection includes the use of firewalls, restricted access and encryption technology. DIVERSITECH limits access to Personal information and data to those persons in DIVERSITECH organization, or as agents of DIVERSITECH, that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such Personal information and data. Individuals who have been granted access to Personal information are aware of their responsibilities to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of that information and have been provided training and instruction on how to do so.
(7) ENFORCEMENT: DIVERSITECH will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Policy. Any employee that DIVERSITECH determines is in violation of this Policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal information should be directed to the DIVERSITECH Data Protection and Privacy Office at the address given below. DIVERSITECH will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy.
DIVERSITECH sees the Internet, intranets and the use of other technologies as valuable tools for communicating and interacting with consumers, employees, vendors, business partners and others. DIVERSITECH recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of Personal information collected through websites that it operates, “Sites”. DIVERSITECH sole purpose for operating its Sites is to provide information concerning products and services to the public. In general, visitors can reach DIVERSITECH on Sites without revealing any Personal information. Visitors on Sites may elect to voluntarily provide Personal information but are not required to do so.
DIVERSITECH collects information from visitors to the websites who voluntarily provide Personal information by filling out and submitting online forms, or completing questionnaires, or seeking employment. The Personal information voluntarily provided by Site users is contact information limited to the user's name, home and/or business address, phone numbers and email address. DIVERSITECH collects this information so it may answer questions and forward requested information. DIVERSITECH does not sell this information.
DIVERSITECH may also collect anonymous information concerning website users through the use of "cookies" in order to provide better customer service. "Cookies" are small files that websites place on users' computers to identify the user and enhance the website experience. Company personnel periodically audit DIVERSITECH’s commercial websites to determine what cookies are used on each. The cookies used are typically not intrusive and are not used to identify visitors personally. Visitors may set their browsers to provide notice before they receive a cookie, giving the opportunity to decide whether to accept the cookie. Visitors can also set their browsers to turn off cookies. Visitors can learn how to control or delete cookies used on Ingersoll-Rand’s websites by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. If visitors do suppress the website cookies, however, some areas of DIVERSITECH websites may not function properly.
The table below describes the cookies used on all DIVERSITECH Sites. To avoid these cookies, visitors can browse the website using their browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and Safari.).
- Session Cookies: We use a session cookie that lasts for the duration of your visit to our site. User data is all anonymous.
- Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics: We use persistent cookies (Google Analytics) to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous.
None of DIVERSITECH Sites are directed toward children. Nevertheless, DIVERSITECH is committed to complying with applicable laws and requirements.
DIVERSITECH website users have the option to request that DIVERSITECH not use information previously provided, correct information previously provided, or remove information previously provided to DIVERSITECH. Those that would like to correct or suppress information they have provided to DIVERSITECH should forward such inquiries to:
DIVERSITECH Privacy Inquiries
2500 Alphonse Gariepy
Montreal, Quebec H8T 3M2
The inquiries should include the individual's name, address, and other relevant contact information (phone number, email address). DIVERSITECH will use all reasonable efforts to honor such requests as quickly as possible.
DIVERSITECH Sites may contain links to other "non- DIVERSITECH " websites. DIVERSITECH assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices on those websites. DIVERSITECH encourages all users to read the privacy statements of those sites; their privacy practices may differ from those of DIVERSITECH.
The practices described in this Policy are current Personal data protection policies as of August 1, 2013. DIVERSITECH reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy at any. Appropriate notice will be given concerning such amendments.